My top protein bars

After a break of about 6 months or more, I decided to go back to cleaning a bit what I eat and incorporating some more protein in my die...



After a break of about 6 months or more, I decided to go back to cleaning a bit what I eat and incorporating some more protein in my diet. I LOVE chocolate, but I feel that it's too addictive for me, I always want to have more. So a nice way to satisfy my sweet tooth and eat more protein are protein bars.

After trying a range of them, I decided to make a list with my favourites. I know what many protein bars can be quite chewy and weird tasting, but for me, these ones are the best!



1. USN Protein Delite (Toffee Almond) 


Protein: 15.6g
Carbs: 19.3g (5.7g sugar)
Fat: 8.3g

Tastes like: Lion chocolate bar

Ok, so these actually don't have that much protein in them, and don't have the best macros, but they're a nice substitute for a normal chocolate bar like snickers. These actually taste like Lion, they're so so good!!


You can get a box of 12 for £24 from here.



2. Grenade Carb Killa




Protein: 23.2g
Carbs: 13.5g (1.4g sugar)
Fat: 13.2g


These are the ones I currently use. I tried their Caramel Chaos flavour which is super good, and just ordered white chocolate to see how these ones are (found some nice reviews for the flavour).

You can get a box of 12 for £20 from here.





3. PowerBar - Ride Energy (Caramel Peanut)


Protein: 10.5g
Carbs: 25.5g (15.1g)
Fat: 8.5g

Tastes like: Snickers


These are not really 'protein bars', but more towards the Energy Bar. I just put them here as they do have some protein, are a good energizer before a workout and are so so yummy! I'd say these taste like snickers if you get the caramel peanut flavour.

You can get a box of 18 for £18 from here.



4. Quest bars (Cookies and Cream)



Protein: 21g
Carbs: 20g (<1g sugar)
Fat: 9g

These were my favourites last year, the Cookies n' Cream flavour especially. They're a nice desert substitute, you can have them as they are or microwaved as well :) however, after I've tried the other two above, I stopped the quest bars (maybe only because I had too many of them).

You can get a box of 12 for £17 from here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images