ESSENTIAL REVITALIZING WEEKEND

It's very important to have some time for ourselves on the weekends (and not only), turning off our work phone and laptop. In the...



It's very important to have some time for ourselves on the weekends (and not only), turning off our work phone and laptop. In the end, it's better for our sanity & productivity for the times we actually work, and it's good for our employer too! 


It's not that easy

I tell myself so many times ' this is your time, you are not going to think about what you still have on your to-do list' and somehow I still end up booking tickets for travelling for work, or some other work-related things. Because I say this is still for me, I'm just getting ready for the next week. As much as this is true, I believe that relaxing and treating ourselves for all the hard work is essential because at some point our bodies might tell us one way or the other that it's EXHAUSTED! 





So what to do?
I recently decided to have most of my weekend for refreshing my mind and body. 

Bath: A good evening oil bath is perfect, followed by different face and hair masks to recover the body from a long week. Lavender oil (see more here) is exceptionally useful to distress and have a calm sleep. Add some Epsom salt for muscle recovery!

Read: I like to take a break from mobile phones and laptops (quite hard these days), which I spend most of my time with during the week. So I flick through a few recent magazines that I have around and also have a few favourite books that I read just before going to bed (check out my list here)


Ambiance: Creating a calming ambiance is also key, which I only figured out recently. It's nice to have a few candles around your bath, or in the room to create a good atmosphere


Meditation: Try to keep around 30 minutes for this before sleeping, it really helps in the long-term (I didn't see immediate results). I started with guided meditation (I used a range of apps), and still use this in the evenings. My favourite app right now is Insight Timer (see below), which brings you free guided meditation from various teachers as well as large community where you can share your experiences. But I would also like to take a few minutes in the morning, which I'm still working on. 

Your turn


Meditation apps: Headspace (iOS, Android), Insight Timer (iOS, Android)


Thanks for reading & have a lovely, relaxing weekend!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images