What to do in London | Mademoiselle Prive

Usually when you plan a visit to a city abroad or even within your own country you have quite a clear plan of what you are going to do. Y...


Usually when you plan a visit to a city abroad or even within your own country you have quite a clear plan of what you are going to do. You research, make a list of interesting things to do and so on. But when you live there you tend to miss out this process and get stuck on doing similar things every time.

I used to visit London quite often and hope will still do. I normally visit my friends so we tend not to visit much, but just walk around the city and talk, enjoy our (usually short) time together.

Well this weekend, I made my way to London after a very intense week of training for my job. I spent quality time with one of my best friends I hadn't seen for ages. I arrived on Saturday morning, left my luggage at her place and quickly went out to visit her campus - The London School of Economics! Took some pictures on campus and obviously it started raining, so we made our way at the closest place to eat.



The Counter at The Delunay 

What an amazing place we found (thanks rain!). The Delunay at Aldwych is a beautiful Viennese Cafe inspired by the European grand cafes (for example see Grand Cafe in Paris here). They have a la carte restaurant and what they call 'The Counter', where you can choose from a wide range of pastries and sandwiches. We got the Spinach, Tomato & Ricotta Strudel, which was perfection!

For the evening, my friend waited for me with a yummy traditional Romanian dish, as she would always do back at university. We had chicken stew with polenta and it was deliciously accompanied by memories and laughs.

Eat Tokyo | Cutter & Squidge



Eat Tokyo is one of the best sushi places I've tried in the UK! Things to try out are the Hyper Roll and Prawn Tempura Roll. Good news is that they have 5 branches in London :)

After that head to Cutter & Squidge in Soho for delicious sundaes and their famous 'biskies' (see here). You can eat in or take away, and create your own boxes for a gift. However, be aware that the best-selling biskies are sold out pretty quickly!



Mademoiselle Prive Saatchi Gallery 

If you're around London until the 1st of November, go ahead and visit the 'Mademoiselle Prive' exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery.

"Mademoiselle PrivĂ©, a journey through the origins of CHANEL's creations capturing the charismatic personality and irreverent spirit of Mademoiselle Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld" 

If you're not convinced, here are 5 reasons for why you should make time for this exhibition.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images