A Busy Bee's guide to healthy meals

Another week starts & it almost feels like there was no weekend! I like to be prepared for the week to come so I plan it from a Sun...


Another week starts & it almost feels like there was no weekend!

I like to be prepared for the week to come so I plan it from a Sunday or so, in terms of weekly goals (professional & personal), preparing my work schedule, and most importantly for me, planning MY MEALS. I get so caught up with work during the day and I'm so lazy by the time I finish work that I cannot even think about going to buy groceries or think about what to cook. So to avoid ending up eating pizza, or McDonald's everyday (that would be awesome no?), I try to plan some healthy & delicious meals and stock up on ingredients during the weekend.

Here's an example of this past week's food


I try to include fibre, good fats, protein, and other good stuff in my diet. It feels so much better to eat natural wholesome foods prepared by yourself rather than a white-bread sandwich that keeps you full for 2 hours (at least in my case)!

So what do I do?

Check out some super-duper recipes & make a list of what I would like to eat during the week:
My Whole Food Life is really great! Check it out for healthy recipes (including sweets Hurray!)
This website is great as well, delicious stuff. A really good range of vegan options & foods for different types of allergies

Those would be the websites I most frequently check out, but I use Pinterest to keep my favourite recipes from various websites (see here other recipes)

Why the fuss?

This routine helps me include healthy fats, good carbs, and many superfoods (that contain loads of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals) in my meals, which keep me full and with plenty of energy for the day (now I know why I always used to be so tired). If you want to experiment on your own, here is a list of superfoods you can try to incorporate in your meals (as well as the one above)




Thank you for reading

Have a great, productive and glowing weekend!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images